Welcome to Twin Cities Homeschool Band!
Registration is now open for our 2023-2024 Band Season.
To register - click "request membership" on the left side. Once your membership has been approved (typically within 24 hours or less), you will see the registration link.
- Register one child per family for the registration fee.
- Register each child separately for band.
- Registration is based on payment frequency (1, 2, 4, or 9 times).
- Band placement will be determined by the director.
2023-2024 Tuition, Fees, and Volunteer Requirements
Tuition: $57.50 monthly per student, September through May (if registered before May 31st). You will selectyour tuition payment schedule during the registration process.
Family Registration Fee: $100 per family (regardless of the number of enrolled
students in the family). The Family Fee is due at time of registration.
Family Volunteer Requirements: Volunteers are the backbone of our
organization. As such, all families are required to volunteer for at least 4 shifts
each year as “Parent Monitors” (generally supervising students not in
rehearsal and helping the Band Director set-up or tear-down; additional
information is in the Family Manual). We try to keep the number of shifts to 4
each year, but if enrollment numbers are lower than usual then families may
need to monitor another shift or two during the year. Families also need to help
with concert receptions (e.g. helping set-up drinks and cookies, helping set-up
and clean-up, bringing refreshments). Volunteers are also always needed for
various band projects, serving as Officers on our Board of Directors, and many
other things. Please contact us if you’d like to become more involved!
The Family Handbook is currently being updated for this season and will be
available before the first day of the band season. Most of the information in last year’s Manual will carry over to this year, so feel free to read through last year’s Family Manual to gather basic information.
Donations are needed and always appreciated! TCHB is a 501c3 and donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Click Here to Help Our Band
Our Band Offers…
- Beginning Band: For students with no previous band experience (grades 4-12). Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Beginners typically start with group lessons only for the first few weeks. At the beginning of October, Beginning Band practices for the first time as a complete group. Beginning band meets Thursday morning.
- Concert Band: For students who have played their instruments for at least one year. Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Concert Band meets Thursday mid-morning to mid-afternoon.
- Pops Band: For students who have completed Essential Elements Book 2 and above. This group includes Symphonic and Concert Band members. The Pops Band rehearses one half-hour every other week. Pops Band meets Thursday mid-afternoon.
- Symphonic Band: For experienced band students, by audition (for chair placement). Symphonic Band rehearsal is one hour each week. Symphonic Band meets Thursday afternoon.
- Ensembles: For Symphonic Band members only. We have a Flute Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, Woodwind (clarinet/saxophone) Ensemble, and a Percussion Ensemble. The Ensembles rehearse one half-hour every other week. Ensembles meet Thursday mid-afternoon.
Band Placement is by audition so your child gets the best experience possible! New members will have an audition to see which band they should be in and that will determine what time of day they need to be on-campus.